1. Our Privacy Commitment
At FARMODIÉTICA S.A. we understand the use of your personal data requires your trust. The confidentiality and integrity of your personal data is one of our main concerns. We are subject to the highest privacy standards and will only use your personal data for clearly identified purposes and in accordance with your data protection rights.
2. General Information
FARMODIÉTICA S.A. holds several brands of products and services, related to each one of its channels of distribution (pharmacy, dietetic, clinics and exportation for pharmacy distributors).
FARMODIÉTICA S.A. (hereinafter referred to as “Entity”, “Farmodiética”, “we”, “us”) legal person number 501 489 436, operates through wholesale distribution and direct sale of products such as dietary supplements, healthy foods and beverages, medical devices and drugs. FARMODIÉTICA also offers nutrition and weight control services through one-on-one consultations with registered dietitians according to the 3 Phase Method of which the company is the developer and owner.
In FARMODIÉTICA we believe that the best products, services and results can only be obtained with the highest quality standards, by promoting the development of a dynamic team with high knowledge and training levels. FARMODIETICA’S staff includes a Quality Department, a Technical Department with several pharmacists in order to ensure the innovation and strictness of its products and a second level of support to partners (clinics, dietary stores, pharmacies – hereinafter referred to as ‘PARTNERS’) and end customers, to clarify doubts and technical opinions regarding its products. Also manages the institutional website farmodietica.com, as well as all the websites of the main brands held, namely: 3StepDiet (.3stepdiet.com); Absorvit (.absorvit.com); EasySlim Diet (.dietaeasyslim.com); Advancis(.advancispharma.com); Miss Organic (.missorganic.pt); Diviten; Lucidus; Biotrês Diet (.dietabiotres.pt); nutrition service Dieta3Passos (.dieta3passos.com) and any trademarks of the ownership of FARMODIÉTICA S.A.
3. Who is responsible for your personal data
FARMODIÉTICA S.A. is responsible for processing of the personal data it collects through (i) the website farmodietica.com (ii) its brands websites (iii) after-sales support service with its customers and PARTNERS (including clarification of doubts and technical opinions) (iv) its services, including but not limited to the nutrition service and weight control, supported by online platforms for booking consultations with our partners (v) supplements and food products online store platform (vi) as well as data collected at events, conferences or street actions for promotion of services and products, with your prior consent.
PARTNERS are responsible for processing personal data provided by clients directly to them, in the course of their activities. Therefore, it is important that you become aware of the Partners Privacy Policies and report them directly any question related to their use of your personal data.
4. How we collect your personal data
- If you contact us directly, through our website or our direct contact line or through one of our external customer support emails, if you are interested in our products and services and/or if you have other questions;
- If you provide us with your data at commercial and/or marketing events or if you share with us your data online through our website, on the websites of our brands or on our social media pages;
- When you access our online platforms: to book a consultation, for online nutrition consultations or for online shopping;
- If your data is sent to us by our partners, nutritionists or by third parties, to the extent that the requirements in data protection legislation have been verified. This will be the case if, for example, you have given your consent or are fully aware of your right of opposition and have not opposed the transmission of your data to FARMODIÉTICA for the purpose of nutrition appointment and/or customer service (allowing us to recognize you as our client) and contact you back either by writing or phone;
- When you provide us with your equipment data, including but not limited to the number of equipment series, in the context of the maintenance/warranty service process;
- When you apply to one of our job openings and/or spontaneously send us your Curriculum Vitae (CV) for integration into possible Recruitment and Selection processes;
- Where authorized partners make data available about you in a way that is legally acceptable.
5. What Data Can Be Collected
Your personal data may include,for example, your name, your tax identification number, your contacts (physical or electronic), your transactions and your interactions with us. To this end, we may collect and process the following categories of personal data:
Identification and contact details: Name, address, telephone/ mobile number and e-mail address;
Personal Characteristics: Gender, Age, Birth Date, Physical or anthropometric characteristics;
Professional and Social Data : Profession, Lifestyle and Consumption Habits;
Health and Consultation Data: Anamnesis, nutritional assessment, food plan and prescription of food and supplements, results of auxiliary diagnostic tests and clinical evaluations (incl BMI analysis);
Website usage data: Details about how you use the website, collected through cookies or other tracking technologies.
Transaction data – Name, NIF, payment modality, address for delivery, corporate contact (where applicable), Information about the products or service, interaction with customer service (your requests and receipts), appointments SMS confirmation;
Technical Opinions Data – technical advice and scientific advice, provided by the Pharmacists / Physicians team related to products or medical prescriptions (upon request of the client);
Data Relating to Recruitment and Selection processes – this data is collected for the purpose of identifying and evaluating the appropriate profile of a candidate for an available job opening. For more detailed information, please refer to our Recruitment and Selection Policy.
FARMODIÉTICA assumes the data collected is true and accurate, it was inserted and/or shared by its holder who authorized its use, being the holder over 13 years.
6. For What Purposes Do We Use Your Data
The data subjects personal data we collect are recorded, used and protected in accordance with existing data protection legislation. Under which, processing of personal data must be justified by at least one legal basis. Your data will be processed on a legal basis under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and for the following purposes:
- Transaction management – for issuing invoices, including invoices for online shopping (basis of lawfulness – Law and Contract: GDPR artº6 (1) al.c));
- Customer Management and Health Care Services – in order to provide you with the service(s) you have hired us, such as e.g. nutrition consultations or Advancis Capilar appointments to be held at a consultation post of your choice and/or through our online consultation service (legal basis – contract: GDPR artº6 (1) al.b));
- Appointments Follow-up & Service – confirmation and appointment schedule at the consultation post / Partner selected by you; appointment day SMS reminder; service opinion/satisfaction inquiries; appointments rescheduling service (legal basis – contract: GDPR artº6 (1) al. b); consent: GDPR artº6 (1) al. a) and legitimate GDPR interest artº6 (1) al. (f));
- Follow-up and Customer Support – in order to answer the questions you ask us; to provide you with technical and/or clinical support including any adverse effects; complaint management; as well as to monitor your personalized diet program, including the next steps of your treatment plans (legal basis – contract: GDPR artº6 (1) al. a) and b));
- Analysis and scientific investigation – analysis of the 3 Phase Method therapeutic effectiveness and possible presentation and dissemination of results in conferences, forums and/or seminars (the data used for this purpose are aggregated and pseudonymized not being possible to identify the holders, scientific studies are carried out by Farmodiética internal team) – (legal basis – legitimate interest: GDPR artº6 (1) f));
- Guarantees and after-sales support – to allow you access to repair/replacement services of the products/equipment you have purchased with warranty (legal basis – contract: GDPR artº6 (1) al. b)).
- Marketing – to increase customers base and business opportunities; as well as to keep you informed about news, events and opportunities that may be of interest; conducting satisfaction surveys (legal basis – consent / for marketing direct – legitimate interest: GDPR artº6 (1) al. a) and f);
- Comercial Communication – whenever you use the “Contact Us” option on our website and /or subscribe to our Newsletter the processing of your data takes place based on your consent (legal basis Consent: GDPR tort 6º (1) al.a) );
- Competitions, sweepstakes, activities, events and promotions – we may use Identification and Contact data, Transaction Details you provide us for your participation in: competitions, sweepstakes, events, offers and other promotions; and to manage those activities. Some of these activities may have additional rules on the use and disclosure of your Personal Information. We suggest that you read the Regulations of each activity carefully – (legal basis – consent: GDPR artº6 (1) al. a));
- Manage your registration as Platform(s) a user – If you decide to register as a user/customer in one of our Platform(s), we need to process your data to identify you as a registered user and give you access to its various features, products and services. You may cancel your account by contacting us through Customer Support (legal basis – legitimate interest GDPR artº6 (1) al.)
- Recruitment and Selection of candidates – to identify candidates with the appropriate profile to an available job vacancy (legal basis – legitimate interest GDPR artº6 (1) al. f) and GDPR consent artº6 (1) al. a));
- Legal or regulatory obligations compliance – administrative and/or supervisory authorities compliance, in accordance with applicable laws (basis of law – GDPR artº6 (1) al.c) ).
Additionally, we will process your personal data to the extent necessary for the management of legal and/or judicial actions.
7. Data subject Rights
FARMODIÉTICA will ensure that you can exercise your rights pertaining to your Personal Data. You can exercise your rights as provided by data protection laws.
To that end, FARMODIÉTICA informs you that you may, where required by applicable law and subject to limitations which may apply in consideration of exceptions or legal requirements, be entitled:
- to have access upon simple request to your Personal Data – in which case you may receive a copy of such data (if requested), unless such data is made directly available to you, for instance within your personal account;
- to obtain a rectification of your Personal Data should your Personal Data be inaccurate, incomplete or obsolete;
- to obtain the deletion of your Personal Data in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law (‘right to be forgotten’);
- to withdraw your consent to the data processing without affecting the lawfulness of processing, where your Personal Data has been collected and processed on the basis of your consent;
- to object to the processing of your Personal Data, where your Personal Data has been collected and processed on the basis of legitimate interests of FARMODIÉTICA, in which case you will need to justify your request by explaining to us your particular situation;
- to request a limitation of the data processing in the situations set forth by applicable law;
- to receive your Personal Data for transmission from FARMODIÉTICA to a third-party or to have your Personal Data directly transferred by FARMODIÉTICA to the third-party of your choice, where technically feasible (data portability right allowed only where the processing is based on your consent).
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us sending us an email to email@example.com and we will take necessary steps to respond as soon as possible.
You may also file a complaint before a competent data protection regarding the processing of your Personal Data. While we suggest that you contact us beforehand, if you wish to exercise this right, you should contact directly the competent data prp’0+++0+gtttttttttfdfotection authority.
8. Cookies Policy
Cookies may be used on this website to ensure an appropriate user experience. A cookie is a small data file stored on your computer or mobile device at the request to your browser from a website when you visit this website. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preference for a certain period of time.
Most browsers allow cookies. However, users can set their browsers to refuse or remove them, if they wish.
You can delete cookies at any time or automatically set your block via your browser. However, disabling cookies may prevent some services from functioning properly, affecting, partially or totally, the navigation of the website.
9. Who has access to Personal Data
A FARMODIÉTICA will share your Personal Data only with authorized parties.
For the purposes described above, FARMODIÉTICA may need to share your Personal Data with the following authorized third-parties:
- FARMODIÉTICA and its affiliates;
- our partners (healthcare professionals and organizations, distributors, other members of the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry);
- selected suppliers, service providers or vendors acting upon our instructions for website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, etc.;
- legal or administrative authorities, as required by applicable laws including laws outside your country of residence;
- sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions;
- FARMODIÉTICA may need to share your Personal Data with other third-parties, in which case you will be duly informed through the applicable Privacy Notice.
In any case, FARMODIÉTICA will require that such third-parties:
- undertake to comply with data protection laws and the principles of this Policy;
- will only process the Personal Data for the purposes described in this Policy; and
- implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Data.
10. Data Transfer
FARMODIÉTICA will ensure that transfers of your Personal Data outside EU are safeguarded.
FARMODIÉTICA is a multinational organization with affiliates, partners and subcontractors located in different countries around the world. For that reason, FARMODIÉTICA may need to transfer (via access, visualization, storage..) your Personal Data in other jurisdictions, including from the European Economic Area to outside the European Economic Area, in countries which may not be regarded as providing the same level of protection as the jurisdiction you are based in.
Safeguards for international transfers of Personal Data: In cases where FARMODIÉTICA needs to transfer Personal Data outside the European Union, it shall ensure that adequate safeguards, as required under applicable data protection legislation, will be implemented (including, notably, the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, as applicable).
11. How long we will retain your data
FARMODIÉTICA will retain your Personal Data for no longer than necessary. We will retain your Personal Data only for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy.
As an exception, FARMODIÉTICA may be required to retain your Personal Data for longer periods as required or permitted by law, or as necessary to protect its rights and interests. In such a case, you will be informed of the intended retention period in the applicable Privacy Notice.
12. How do we keep your personal data safe
FARMODIÉTICA implemented security measures to protect your Personal Data.
We have implemented a variety of technological and organizational procedures and measures to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. These measures shall take into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing as well as the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
For instance, we store your Personal Data on servers that have various types of technical and physical access controls, which may include, for instance, if appropriate, encryption. We may also aggregate, pseudonymize or anonymize Personal Data to ensure that no personally identifiable information is communicated to third parties.
Without prejudice to your rights under applicable law, FARMODIÉTICA reserves the right to amend this Policy without prior notice to reflect technological advancements, legal and regulatory changes and good business practices. If FARMODIÉTICA changes its privacy practices, an updated version of this Policy will reflect those changes and we will notify you of such changes by updating the effective date at the top of this Policy.
14. How to Contact us or our DPO
You can send any request pertaining to FARMODIÉTICA’s use of your Personal Data submitting a form via:
- Mail to the address:
A/C Encarregado de Proteção de Dados
Estrada de São Marcos Elospark II Armazem 1- Cacém
2735-521 – Sintra
- Online to the email address: